US Figure Skating Championship 2018

  The US Figure Skating Championship is approaching in January 2018. I am sure the ice is getting hot with all the skaters ready to cut a blade. From the reviews, I have read this championship is the purest form of figure skating with friendly professional skaters.

 When I was younger, I enjoyed figure skating. My friend and I would go to the ice rink at Ferris State University. While she took skating more seriously, I enjoyed just being in the rink on those cold, sharp blades. Don't let me lie to you, I wish I would have become a professional figure skater. The sport, with speed, seems to provide a sense of freedom and the ability to fly. I never enjoyed wearing bulky clothes on skates. It wasn't long before I purchased some more fitting sportswear. Watching the sport is something I indulge in.

 Karen Chen went through some challenges to be able to compete in 2017 US Figure Skating Championship. She came through and won a remarkable fourth place along with her first US Ladies title in 2017. I am excited to see the Championships this year. From, my blistery cold birth state Michigan, Evan Bates will be competing with Madison Chock from California. Let me tell you, they hot enough to melt the ice rink!
















References

Figure Skating Preview. (2017). Retrieved December 08, 2017, from https://www.teamusa.org/PyeongChang-2018-Olympic-Winter-Games/Team-USA/Sport-Previews/Figure-Skating

(2017, January 21). Retrieved December 08, 2017, from http://www.nbcsports.com/video/karen-chen-wins-2017-us-figure-skating-championship
Unites States Olympic Committee
  #figure skating #us figure skating championship #sportswear #iceskating apparel #professional skaters #Karen Chen #winter #wintersports #Michigan #MadisonChock #Evan Bates #Ferris State University 



Comments

Popular Posts